Sunday, December 26, 2004

Merry Christmas or Similar Non-Denominational Holiday

Christmas of 2004 has come and gone, and I must say, it has been very enjoyable. In addition to the incredible gifts (a beautiful SU Sweatshirt, a huge CD holder, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King 4 Disc Extended Edition, an iPod), I had a really nice couple of days. I got two more Trivial Pursuits (Saturday Night Live and Lord of the Rings), two other trivia games (do you think I have some sort of reputation?) and that DVD "Scene It" game. I have more friggin' board games than I know what to do with, but I'm sure I can put them to good use.

Nerd digression: Willie and Toastie (and Phelps, although I know he doesn't read blogs because he's too busy "saving lives"), when are we going to do our 9-hour LOTR Day of Risk and Mead? (We can now add LOTR Trivial Pursuit to the list, but I wouldn't do too well in that game. I just like monsters being decapitated.) I'm all in for some Sunday afternoon after football season ends (and I'll be sure to exclude NASCAR Sunday in that equation). Javen and TT, you guys are more than welcome too... if you can handle it!

Hey! You know the other thing I got? About 10 extra pounds! I looked at myself in the mirror the other day and realized what a slob I've been over the last few weeks. I ate more this past weekend than I care to admit, given all the candy at work and at home, and all the damn regular people food. I'm carrying around some girth in the midsection and an additional chin I hadn't seen in months. So it's exercise time for me, baby. Apparently 40 minutes of basketball per week isn't keeping the pounds off. So I'm writing it down right now so you bastards will hold me to it, when January 1, 2005 rolls around, I'm going to get my fat ass in shape. My goal? 20 pounds. You heard me. And I mean 20 lbs from my "fighting weight" of 230. What's the time frame for this? April 1. There it is, on the record: I am going to try to be at 210 by 4/1/2005, and that's no "Fooling"! HAHAHA. I'm terrific...

It's late Saturday night, so I haven't seen Jitter or Javen or JT, but alliteration aside I think I'll just take my chances in the tournament. I hope that everyone truly had a great holiday and that 2005 is even better than '04. I hope '04 is shit compared to '05, and I really mean that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home