Thursday, December 16, 2004

Can You Change the Station, man? I've Got a Splitting Headache and I Hate the F***ing Eagles!

What is the best counterpart to a road trip, besides the laughter of good friends, the sweet flavor of a couple Miller High Lifes (High Lives?) and a car full of sweaty, unshowered men? Why the music that goes with it. The songs we hear in our vehicles become the soundtrack to our own personal road movie.

So today, fellow 'Jammers, I ask you, what would be the perfect road trip mix CD? It would have to be at least 70 minutes in length. I'm not looking for musical perfection. I don't think anyone wants to hear the songs that are most meaningful to you, personally, as Jitter is trying to throw peanuts at girls or airing out the car from one of Toastie's massive farts. I'm talking about a crowd-pleaser. A collection of songs that hit on all the feel-good cylinders, and have a high singability factor.

Gleaning from our recent escapades, and knowing the varying tastes of the present company, I submit to you a possible list of tracks we can use (please leave your own list at the "comment" tab). They are in no particular order and are off the top of my head:

"Movin' Right Along" by Kermit and Fozzie
"Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond
"Rock N Roll Parts 1 AND 2" by Gary Glitter
"Neil Diamond's Storytellers" by Neil Diamond
"Tainted Love" by Soft Cell
"Beer Barrel Polka (Roll Out the Barrell)" by Bobby Vinton

Now I'm drawing a blank... somebody help me out here. Hit me with some knowledge!

5 Comments:

Blogger Toastie said...

If I have to find Flanders, I have to think like Flanders. "Okily Dokily, I'm a big dumb annoying idiot who wears the same stupid sweater all....AH......the Springfield River!! I have more ideas, just let me brainstorm.

"Dust in the Wind" by Kansas (or Will Ferrell version)
Sound Clips from our favorite movies (I.E. Dodgeball, Swingers, Big Lebowski, Swingers, Old School, Caddyshack, etc.)
"The Weight" by The Band
"Rapper's Delight" and "Apache" by the Sugarhill Gang
Tribute to ODB or Big Baby Jesus
Tenacious D

You know what Billy, I have a lot of suggestions, if you want help cutting an album (My album drop, December 28'f) we can get together and bounce ideas betwixt you and I. Plus, get any of the following types of pizza: chicken wing, double melt, COP style, deep dirt, anything thoroughly suggested by Phelpsy's List of Top Toppings.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Bojangles said...

How are you diseased anal lesions leaving George Michael off this list? Gimmee a little Careless Whisper, Father Figure, Last Christmas, something.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Bojangles said...

Will is gonna need some Journey. Tucker will have something from Elmo& Patsy's Christmas. Or Ani DiFranco. Maybe Leonard Cohen. No, Bob Seager and the Silver Bullett Band. Or TV Themes Songs of the '80's. Yeah, that's the ticket, how 'bout a little Mr. Belvedere (no Jitter, not your alternative lyrics).

8:12 AM  
Blogger Willie Moe said...

Ummm hello! Anything off of Bon Jovi's New Jersey album or anyhting by A Perfect Circle!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well naturally I was going to fill the CD primarily with 20 minute avante garde and ambient techno, perhaps 9 Lazy 9, Funky Porcini and DJ Spooky. Maybe some Kruder & Dorfmeister Sessions, you know the obvious stuff. Bor-ing! So instead, I'm going with all classical. I'll kick the party off with "Claire De Lune" by DeBussy... or should I make that the finale? Either way, "The Aquarium" by Saint-Saens will have to be in there too. I was thinking of putting the entire "The Shape of Jazz to Come" by Ornette Coleman, but I don't know if you guys know all the words???

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home