Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Color me sexist, but.....

God Damnit I am so sick of cable networks with nothing else to show and magazines guilted into coverage inundating me with coverage of women's college basketball. I don't care. I never cared before, and I will never care about it in the future. Women's sports are horrible. If I wanted to watch fundamentals, lay-ups and beautifully choreographed offense, I'd play rec league basketball on an Independent team with a bunch of rejects. I want to see dunks, fast breaks and idiotic technical fouls earned by people coursing with testosterone after an amazing put back dunk on a fast break.

I don't want to see Pat Summit, and I don't want to hear any more about her winning more games than Dean Smith. As far as I am concerened there is no comparisson. I am not saying she is not a great coach. I really think she may well be. All I am saying is that Pat Summit may have won a lot of basketball games, but she has nothing on Lawrence Phillips, Jason Kidd and the one armed drummer of Def Leppard when it comes to beating women.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bojangles said...

Amen.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home